View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 05:37 PM

Re: Entered a car show today. (pictures inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX View Post
lol, to be exact, it's about nine month plus ago not a year yet.

that's the old one, you need to do a new one with video clips
so we don't have to read. lol

it seems that i saw that thread before. i will take a good look.
thank you.

it also seems that your car is more shiny lol.
if you keep on waxing, like 3 times a day, then once a week,
would that make the car more shiny lol?? or would you just be
wasting your times?
or it's just depended on what brand/what kind of wax do you
use?

Hmm, that's not a bad idea, a video tutorial. I'll have to think about that one.

Mine seems to get shinier because I keep polishing it. Waxing and polishing sound simliar but are in fact different. Wax protects and shines, while polishing simply shines. Think of polishing as using really really really really fine sandpaper on your car and just smoothing out all the rough spots so everything looks really even and well... shiny! Finishing it up with a coat of wax is never a bad idea though, and then it will bead up QUITE nicely in the rain

The last time I did anything to this (which was at the end of April) I think I did 3 steps. Only 3 because it was already in pretty good shape, but I wanted to kinda clean it up for the summer again. First I did a light polish with Britemax Blackmax (it's #4 of a 6 step system) then I did a fine polish (#5) then I did a coat of Meguiars Gold Class Liquid wax, and finished it all off with Britemax Final Shine instant detail spray. That last step sounds stupid, but it really makes it sing, and that instant detailer is the best I've used... and I like to think that I've tried at least a fair share of things.

Also there is such a thing as waxing too often, believe it or not. It won't hurt anything, but it won't help any more, that's for sure. We try not to do more than 3 steps of something in one appointment. If you're doing an aggresive buffing/polishing, its a good idea to let the car back outside for a good 24 hours and let the paint cure a bit, then apply the next step. You CAN just do it all at once and it will still look great, but giving it proper cure time will make it look even classier.

Also, the things we use for our business are Britemax, (of which we are a dealer) Meguiar's, Mothers, Eagle One, Lexol, Invisible Glass, oh.. the list really goes on.

Like I said though, if you ever need any tips, just get ahold of me and I'd gladly help you out!

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!