View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren
Hiya guys,

Something Phil might have found on his car?........

I fitted the delimit/speedo conversion chip when I 1st got the car last year and ran a wire across for the cruise control ready to convert that to work over 70MPH.
(Thanks for the details on the site Phil it was a god send )
You're welcome. Happy to help.
Quote:
Over the weekend I got the car out & decided to finish the job off and conect the wire to the cruise control module under the passenger dash, all went perfect and 40 mins later I was off trying it out, and it all worked!!!!!! lol
It's definitely nice on a long journey to be able to set the cruise to 80 or 85 on the motorway. On our green SVX, and a pearly I did for someone, I didn't bother to modify the cruise control because at the time it seemed like too much effort to remove the glovebox.
Quote:
The flip side of this which I cannot workout is now the shift point on the grearbox in power mode is right on the redline and 500 to 600 RPM higher than before I conected the converted speed signal to cruise control module.

An idea how and why? I am presuming the cruise control module also has some input into the gearbox?

The only thing I can think is I had an MPH signal to the speedo and ECU and still obviously had a KPH signal to the gearbox & cruise control?
I can't say I've noticed any difference in the shift points - although as you say, it does change at the redline in power mode. I thought it always did that. Our claret SVX, like yours, has the mph wire to the ECU, Speedo and Cruise, and the existing km/h wire to the TCU and all the other modules. Are you using the same conversion chip as me or a different one?

There are some signal wires between the cruise control unit and the TCU, I think the cruise control uses them to turn off power mode when it is engaged.

Phil.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II