View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 10:36 PM

Tom and Harvey, your exchange of posts is quite interesting.
I unfortunately have to admit to something that might support Harvey's theory (you guys are gonna scold me for this)...

As some of you might have noticed from a recent thread I started in the Classifields, my AC Compressor clutch gets stuck. Basically I would be cruising with nice AC blowing on my face until all of a sudden the air is no longer cold, and in Miami that means that in about 30 seconds you are drenched in sweat. So I taught myself a little trick that would fix my AC problem while cruising:

- Turn Off AC
- Put transmission in Neutral
- Turn off Engine
- Turn Engine back On
- Put in Drive
- Turn AC back on and... voila'!
Cold air would start blowing again. I attributed it to the fact that this little trick would cause the AC Compressor clutch to start again.

...and YES, this revving problem first showed up right after I had just fixed my AC issue on the highway...

I now assume that this must have been the cause of the failure, what do you guys think? If that is the case, was it worth it to damage a clutch to get AC back? NO. Would I have done it if I knew how ATs work better and suspected that something could have happened? NO.

Oh well, drive and learn.

-Walter
1999 Ducati 748S (built 996 engine)

Last edited by Treppiede; 08-17-2006 at 10:38 PM.