View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 PM

Re: SVX can't climb hills

Gonna really, really reach on this one

"On flat ground, it takes off like it never has before. There is no hesitation, the throttle response is almost instant whereas it would fall on it's face before. The power is also very smooth and the butt dyno completely freaked out because it's never ran this well for me."

Hmm.. to me, that would seem that it's not about "pull", or "load".. The variable seems to be the STEEP hill. Dumb question, but how much gas is in her, and is there a bend as you enter the steep hill. As the SVX has a saddle type fuel cell, there's a funky jet pump thingy to keep fuel on both sides of the saddle. Maybe it's not transferring fuel from one side back to the other when you're nose up, because the symptoms sound a lot like fuel starvation. Unfortunately, you'd need a fuel pressure gauge run back inside to check rail pressure when she dies out. Or.. Hmmm... I didn't catch what year it was. If it's after '94, it's be OBD2. I don't know if they read fuel pressure or not. If they do, it'd be easy to check.

Of course, if you've got 3/4 of a tank, that idea goes out the window. If you're almost on "E".. fill 'er up and that eliminated any possibility of it being a tank supply issue.