View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Graphic Artist

God bless this mess...

of a car, well, now its a mess.

Merging into the exit lane, a log truck in front of me dropped off a 2 foot chunk of log neatly under my front passenger tire, I was going about 65.

My rim is bent all to hell, the inner tie rod feels broken, door moulding under the passenger side fell of, fender liner did the same in front. Rear QP is damaged a bit at the bottom, strut is toast, rotor is toast. I imagine the steering rack is also toast. swaybar bushing is now several swaybar bushettes.

I don't know what would have happened if I had hit that with a bouncier rig, like my land rover. The SVX handled the incedent, as usual, with style. The bang woke up my baby, but the car stayed well planted in its lane, and I drove off to the side of the road unscaythed.

On a more grim note, there is a small depression in the roof next to the sunroof that was not there before. I'm hoping its not a bent unibody, and instead the effect of the sunroof slamming up and then down.

Anything else you guys can think of to check?

On the bright side, I took the brunt of the log and it splintered into a lot of small pieces. The old folks behind me got a bent rim outta the deal, but I'm glad I was the one to hit it first.

-Patrick

1995 Ebony Pearl. S.N. 0001 "Araby"

JDM Power Mode Switch, Integrated GPS/Video Player
6Xk Miles.

1992 Teal - Sold to Mysvxrocks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]