View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Driving in Style

if you cleaned a bunch of junk out of your throttle body while it was off, you may need to pull back on your IAC a bit. I did this to mine, and I had to adjust it. I believe that this is only due to the fact that a previous shop had adjusted it previously to make up for blockage in the throttle body passages (once the junks gone, it flows too much air). I was able to get mine going in an hour by adjusting this. The bad news is, if you end up going this route, you will have one HECK of a time adjusting it while the throttle body is still connected. Be careful when you're doing this though, you should re-start the engine between adjustments. Only adjust it while the engine if off, the sensor tried to stabilize the idle, but seems to "jump" between settings. IE: once I pulled back on the idle IAC a bit too much, the car would attempt to idle at 500rpms and then after being rough for a second, it would automatically dial it up, but would over shoot it to 1000rpm. Good luck!

BTW, the IAC is the box under the throttle body with the large hose coming from it.

1992 SVX Purple and Black 5 speed swap

SOLD
*1993 SVX Silver and Black
*1994 SVX L Barcelona Red FWD

Last edited by sd2649; 10-18-2007 at 03:34 PM.