View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekyeck
hi wondering if you could help my dash lights keep coming on and off namely the steering /battery /stop lamp /brake fluid and antilocking brake lights iv had all of the above checked and every thing is ok .
i thought it might be an earthing problem and fotted a grounding kit but it only improved every thing els.
when you pull the window switch or use one of the other bettons after a will thy go out for a will and then come back on .
any help would be greatly apretiated as im beging to loos the rag with it.

cheers eck
Hello eck

Congrats on winning the Road and Track guide on eBay this evening!

All the lights coming on like that can be an alternator problem sometimes. You need to get an electrical shop to look at it. The alternator has the regulator inside it, plus the charging circuitry. If the alternator has a bad bearing or the regulator is bust, it can cause all the dash lights to come on.

They should be able to check if the charging circuit is healthy, and check your volts when the engine is running.

If it is another fault it can be hard to find. I remember someone had a wiring problem like you describe. One of the wires in a loom [a live wire] had got chafed coming through the bulkhead and was touching metal. When the damaged wire was found and taped up, all was OK again.

I still think yours will prove to be the alternator.

Joe

Very nice car, BTW.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl