View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath
i have the car shift pretty well with it being stock....had the 2-3 flare problem that doesn't seem to have a way to fix. i was told that this was brake band and have read recently that it is not . ~ i'm not concerned about the flaring since a few memebers have the problem as well.

with the shift kit from small car. i noticed that the shifting in general is harder than stock and has the power light flashing once in a while which seems to be normal. trying to do a trouble code, the car says that the car is fine.

now, i have taken the resistor off to ship to budfreak. the power light is always flashing after i start the car. the 16 flashes. but this is not what i am wondering about.

the last few days with and without the resistor on the car. i noticed that while driving on 3 or even D and dropping it to 3 the car would "brake" more particularly towards a speed in which the car would normally be in 4th gear.

i have read about the brake band enough times...have tried to adjust it to fix the flare- when it was suggested to be the culprit...but had pretty much no success with doing it. is this "braking" symptom brake band related or something else? if anybody knows. i will do a trouble code to see what pops up as well.
I had the same problem with my old tranny. Without the resistor I had no engine braking in 3rd gear, But I also had no flair. Once I fixed the resistor I had engine braking in 3rd But it would flair. I did the brake band adjustment like 4 times and it didn't help one little bit no matter how I adjusted. It would even flair with only a half turn out on the adjuster Getting 4.44's fixed it