View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
tranny problems - just like everyone else

i have the car shift pretty well with it being stock....had the 2-3 flare problem that doesn't seem to have a way to fix. i was told that this was brake band and have read recently that it is not . ~ i'm not concerned about the flaring since a few memebers have the problem as well.

with the shift kit from small car. i noticed that the shifting in general is harder than stock and has the power light flashing once in a while which seems to be normal. trying to do a trouble code, the car says that the car is fine.

now, i have taken the resistor off to ship to budfreak. the power light is always flashing after i start the car. the 16 flashes. but this is not what i am wondering about.

the last few days with and without the resistor on the car. i noticed that while driving on 3 or even D and dropping it to 3 the car would "brake" more particularly towards a speed in which the car would normally be in 4th gear.

i have read about the brake band enough times...have tried to adjust it to fix the flare- when it was suggested to be the culprit...but had pretty much no success with doing it. is this "braking" symptom brake band related or something else? if anybody knows. i will do a trouble code to see what pops up as well.
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic