View Single Post
Old 09-28-2001, 11:23 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Unhappy Won't bore with the details...

... insult added to injury, compounded multiple times... and Thumper is no longer an SVX owner.

Those who know me personally (there are one or two out there) know that I've had things rough of late... lots of stuff going on in my personal life that have really taken their toll. I found myself in a position recently that I realized I could no longer afford to keep my SVX... hell I couldn't even afford to change the oil. Blame a drastically failing economy in the USA that's taken its toll on small business owners. Despite what some might say, it started long before 9/11/2001... that just exacerbated the situation. Finally called it a day when someone broke into my SVX over a week ago, caused significant damage to the drivers side windows (which were replaced by my insurance almost immediately), stole my stereo and slashed by seats. Bastards.

Tuesday night I said goodbye to my old friend; my '94 pearly. I've had a rough couple of weeks, and it's made even worse by the fact that I have no other car right now... except my Fiero which is currently off-the-road due to a tranny problem I can fix for less than $100... but don't have $100 to fix it with.

So here I am... driving a borrowed car until I can scrape together enough coinage to either buy a rustbucket, or fix my Fiero... neither option makes up for the loss of my SVX.

As has been said before... it's just a car... but man, the community is what makes the SVX truly special. I hope that, with or without an SVX I'll still be welcome at the 10th anni meet next year

Gavin