View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
I notice mine under acceleration, and also feel road shock through the gas pedal and in the shifter. This is in addition to the light but noticeable 'buzzy' vibration. At times it's barely perceptible, other times it's easily noticeable.

Typically manufacturers use cable linkages on these items for their simplicity and because they normally don't transfer driveline/suspension NVH (noise, vibration, harshness.) It doesn't seem to be working here. My current guesstimates are lying either in a front hub bearing, the engine torque mount or (hopefully not) a side bearing in the diff. The buzziness of the vibration, coupled with the change in intensity with road irregularities makes me lean towards a hub bearing (multiple balls rolling over an imperfect race causing the buzziness.) The speed of the vibe just makes me feel that it has to be a ball or roller bearing. The exhaust could possibly cause a buzzy vibe, but the road shock doesn't factor in properly. When I get a chance I'll pop the axles out of the hubs and do a 'touchy-feely' inspection.s