View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
Bipa, you and I are in perfect agreement on this one. You should go argue for me over on the RennList site. This guy is impossible to reason with. But he is from California, so that explains some of his attitude.
Feel free to cut and paste my post into RennList . As you can see, I have very strong opinions about speeding. I'm as guilty as the next person of pushing the speed limits and even sometimes going a teeny bit over. I've had only two speeding tickets in my life, the last one was for going 5km over the posted 70km/hr limit (converted that means I was going at 46.6 mph in a 43.5 zone and a hidden radar camera got me). But posted speed limits change the entire dynamics of people's driving styles and assumptions. Perhaps because of my autobahn experience I'm a bit more aware of these differences. I don't get upset when someone is doing 75mph in a 70 zone, but doing 128mph in a 70 zone is totally irresponsible, dangerous, and definitely reckless because nobody else on that road will be anticipating such an idiot coming up from behind. Given that motorcycles aren't always so visible and are overlooked by many car drivers, going 90 in a 70 is also highly irresponsible and dangerous for a motorcyclist. He should have more sense.

Now, if that same driver were doing 128mph on the autobahn in an unlimited speed zone, then I'd be trying to decide whether or not to pass him

Last edited by Bipa; 12-10-2005 at 12:49 PM.