View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 09:33 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Maybe i can shed some light on this subject, i've grown up with a father who is the king of clean freaks. He has every cleaning substance known to man.

Randy has a point with the tint, using cleaners with ammonia can do damage, even on some factory "dip-tint"...however most quality tint film won't be a problem. My bro's camaro has tint and he uses ammonia all the time, ZERO problems. Fact is, in some cases, a cleaner with ammonia is the only thing that will do the trick. I used the CLEAR WINDEX (with ammonia) on mine and mandi's windows for years, always worked perfectly. Then i came across ARMOR ALL's glass cleaner, now i use that. It's a bit more pricey, but safe for all windows and most tints. NO STREAKS!

Another factor that most people don't consider is the towel or paper towel that they use to apply the cleaner. Most industrial paper towels (i.e. - Kimberly-Clark products) have a bonding agent in them that will streak like crazy. Alot of the expensive multi-ply paper towels avalable in grocery stores are a similiar story. And i really would avoid newspaper, i don't know about your local paper, but when read mine, i end up with black fingertips, and that's dry paper. That can't be good for windows. Soaking the paper with cleaners sure won't help the situation either. I recommend the generic single ply paper towels, with no fancy prints or anything.