View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 01:28 PM

Re: Trans cooler LINE question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Dear Keith,

My gauge certainly has “some numbers on it”, is quite respectful in every way and is in no way "irreverent" towards me or my SVX.

I am happy to say that my gauge is “an economical version,” and in spite of you thinking that it could be still be a gauge even if it showed a blank face, it brazenly shows its numbers. What is more it is kind to viewers in the US, as well as me down here, by simultaneously flashing a double smile. Very clever and very well numbered.

Its SVX mate does not have a transmission problem and therefore for me, it does what is correct. I have put a little touch of red make up on its face to help with this.

What the numbers actually mean, together with relative test procedures is published in the in the Subaru manuals. Right now I do not have the time to set them all out here, and the pressured gauge won’t lend a hand.

However it is surely obvious that particularly, “if the amount of pressure is irreverent,” a small amount is most certainly a grave problem and the tranny could be close to death.

Again, cheers, Trevor.
Dear Trevor,
Could you possibly post a graphic of the said gauge. Sounds great!
Thanks,
Keith