View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Bipa

I admit my curiousity was piqued, but after doing some research, I'll think I'll pass.

Improvement was minimal on most vehicles tried
On Feb. 25, 2006, New Energy Congress member, Troy Helming, CEO of Krystal-Planet, which also has a fuel treatment product (http://krystal-planet.com/images/PIC_fuelcatalyst.jpg), gave the following assessment:

"We tested this product. It does not work as claimed. In fact, on many vehicles very little performance improvement was found at all. On some vehicles, it improved mileage 10-20%, but on most the improvement was minimal. All it does is improve the fuel to from low grade to premium grade with cleaners and octane boosters. Buying premium fuel at the pump is more convenient than remembering to put in the additive (which by the way smells terrible and must be in a tightly sealed container in the car) and is about the same price. Bioperformance approached me about possibly selling our bolt-on fuel catalyst in their product mix, and asked me if we would consider selling their pill. After we tested it I declined to sell theirs, and they declined to sell mine. So consider the source (me) with these comments since I am technically a competitor of theirs. However, we did give their product an honest test while considering adding it to our catalog. Conclusion: I do not recommend putting this product in the top 100 at all."

Mileage DROPPED Significantly

From: "fjsmid" <fjsmid@yahoo.com (mailto:fjsmid@yahoo.com?sujbect=Your+BioPerforman ce_results_at_PESWiki.com)>
To: "Sterling D. Allan"
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: Mark's Pill results from Tank 4

Sterling,

[...] This stuff is a real farce. Just to be the guinea pig, I bought a sample and used it as prescribed in my TDi Golf. These are the results and other relevant points I can pass along from my experience, just so noone else gets burned. Mine was purchased in powder form from Don Brister on one of the dealer sites.

1) Over the course of the four tankfuls they require, my total mileage actually DROPPED significantly.

2) The dealer had no REAL idea how or why the product works. They have no tech support from BioPerformance.

3) They came up with convenient excuses as to why it did not work in my particular car at this time of year. They sent me an analysis of diesel fuel properties by a "noted chemist" that purported to show why I would get a negative result in winter. The author of said analysis was anonymous, and conveniently requested to remain so. I question the analysis because in it he says that biodiesel is alcohol and that B20 is a mixture of 80% petro-diesel and 20% alcohol. If this guy doesn't even know what biodiesel is or how it is made, I seriously doubt he knows anything about any fuels whatsoever, let alone how or why the product does or does not work.

4) One of the main components of the product is Naptha. It reeks of mothballs. My guess is that this is simply an elaborate scam to get people to pay gobs of money for crushed mothballs. Adding napthaline mothballs to fuel is an old trick used for decades to boost performance.

5) Finally, and most notably, they do not stand behind their product. If it doesn't work for you, oh well, you don't get your money back. So sorry old chap.

Feel free to pass these results along and post them on any other additive and mileage sites you are aware of.

Frank.