Thread: 2005 Legacy
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 06:12 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Could we possibly be a Legacy GT hater????
Not in the least. As you can see I own one! I just think the new sedan is showing subaru's lack of independence in design as aside from the grill it looks no different than a Mazda 6. If you look back over Mazda's designs they are definately not a timeless design (aside from possibly the MX6). The 626, 323, Protege, etc. The design is so dated by the time the car is paid off that no one wants them (i.e. very poor resale values). The wagon looks a good deal better but as far as everyone thinking that the materials used are of a much higher qualilty than the previous Legacy I just don't see it. The leather in the new model looks as if it was pulled from an Exploder and the overall appearance of the interior lacks a cohesive feel. Not as a bad as the Forester's Audi TT meets Chevy Corsica interior but not much better either.

In short, in 3 years the car will need to be replaced simply because it is a copy of a design that came out 3 years ago!