View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:57 AM

Re: Remote Mount Turbo

LOL thanks icingdeath, I hope to have some competition soon. not for competition's sake, but for the svx sake. (to many people have either forgotten about SVX's or have never known about them) at least here where I am at.

As for the MAF I am thinking of running a bigger gauge wire say a 14 or something and running the wires back to the turbo, but I was also thinking of running the MAF close to the throttle body, (need your guys help here) but for that to work it would have compressed air moving through it and I am not sure how that would work out. If I left it in the stock location then I would have to pipe it back to the turbo, then pipe from the turbo back to the throttle body and I think that is just to much piping. I know the gt35 is a beast, but I am going for more of a CFM build instead of a high boost build at this point, once I get some boost friendly pistons then I can start going higher boost, but that will be a long time down the road, as for now it's really more of an experiment at this point, (I like to think of it as an EDUCATED EXPERIMENT ;D) but it's gonna be some trial and error for a little while.

I think I will be good with LAN's tune and running 8psi for now, but if not I will address that when it comes, maybe hafta go down to 5psi. It is coming along fairly quick and smooth, but this is my daily driver so that's why I am doing things in a way that will keep the car drivable but still overcoming some of the hurdles, for instance now when the stage 2 comes, I can do an engine swap and start plumbing the intake, instead of an engine swap and mounting the turbo.

I am satisfied with the oil system to the turbo, but I am gonna upgrade that pump, maybe here in another couple weeks, I think I will have most of the other stuff done, and then once I get the better pump, then put on the last piece(s) of intake plumbing and be good.

For now though I will focus on the liquid cooling side of the turbo, and the brake upgrade (rotors/pads) O yeah, I got my oil and water temp gauges in so I can start mounting and wiring those as well.

Last edited by Subaru Alliance; 02-22-2012 at 11:04 AM.