View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 PM

Re: Remote Mount Turbo

so for an update I am actually surprised at how fast this thing "spools" I won't know for sure till I get the boost gauge on it and get it plumbed to the throttle body, but my guess is even though I have the turbo at the back of the exhaust system I am getting a more even flow of exhaust across the turbine. With a typical setup with the turbo close to the engine the exhaust is hitting the turbine in pulses, with my set up the gas has time to cool a bit and contract on the way to the turbo, even though it may still be in pulses, I think it's more even across the turbine and contributing to the spool time. Once the car is warmed up and idling at some 700 RPM there is not enough pressure to spin the turbo, if you rev it up to about 1000 the turbo will spin. I also haven't hooked up the fan on the trans cooler because I am surprised at how cool the oil is. I have a digital oil temp and water temp gauge coming that have a range of 70-300 something farenheit and I bet most of the time the fluid temps won't even get hot enough to register on the gauge, maybe in the heat of georgia's summer it may hang out around 115 tops. That is all speculation at this point but we will know soon enough.

As far as the big hole in my trunk area I was gonna make a lid for it out of fiberglass, but one of my soldiers gave me a good idea to make it out of plexiglass so it can be seen with the lid on, and able to see leaks and what not. I may go that route, regardless it is gonna get sealed up somehow.

Next is gonna be plumbing for the liquid cooling side, I received my brake rotors so I think I will install those with the ceramic pads this weekend. Will keep this thread updated as progress is made.

Last edited by Subaru Alliance; 02-21-2012 at 06:45 PM.