Old 04-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Ungrateful SOB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
It was raining so the truck didn't make it. I DID take a folder with a lot of 'full page' pics.
I asked why an area the at has so much 'free money' for our local charities is so HOSTILE to the young guys that are building these cars!

I mentioned the hundreds of thousands of dollars that 'old cars' raise each year.
I showed a couple pics from the podium.
Reminded the one Counselman that HIS DAD called me when he needed to get a beautiful Cobra Torino through inspection 10 years ago.
It had rust on the unibody in a very bad spot.
I was told that the car now lives in Westminster with his brother.
I reminded the other one of all the 'work' I do in this end of town 'for the people'. He Thanked me for the effort, and said that he knows what I do.
I mentioned that I have to wear welding gloves when I work my flower beds because of Hypodermic needles and busted Budweiser bottles in them.
I told them that we have problems here, but 'old cars' are the LEAST of them!
The Mayor said that he has never heard my address mentioned before. I told him that he's heard MOST of the ones for the neighbors though!
After the meeting the Mayor and his 'up-coming' challenger met me in the hall and wanted to see ALL the pics that I had brought. Then the 'Cobra' counselman stopped by.
The Mayor said that he would 'get with' the compliance guy. The Challenger said that "they should LEAVE us ALONE" (old car guys)
(His brother lives 3 doors from my garage)

One small step for man, a Giant LEAP for STREET RODDING!!
I'm delighted to hear of this great progress Jerry, congratulations! You did very well Glasshopper.

Keep your powder dry and stay on side with the big guys.

Nice one.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl