Thread: Ungrateful SOB!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Ungrateful SOB!

Jerry,

I am going to tell you a little story of a relative of ours who used to have the perfect life and now he is about to destroy everything because of his uncontrollable anger.

Both himself and his wife are graduates in Pharmacy and according to law, that pharmacy can be operational 12 hours/day/person. So basically they are operating a 24 hour pharmacy. Furthermore it is the ONLY pharmacy in a heavily populated/modernized town, so imagine...

All in all, that pharmacy's net income is between $9,000~$13,000 per month. In a country with very low salaries ($700~$900/mo for a fresh graduate), $13k/mo is like living a dream. They have one boy and two girls, all in the best school in the country, they were able to buy a super deluxe apartment in the city @ $250k and another one near the pharmacy @ $150k. He drives a 2009 Merc ML ($55K) and his wife has a 2008 Pathfinder ($27K).

They are quite living the happiest life ever in "spectators' point of view" but he is not happy. He is grumpy all the time, jealous of his brother (Orthodontist) and all this lead him to being furious at anyone who stands in his face.

You know why he envies his brother? Because the latter earns twice as much as he does. But did he really take a look at his brother's situation? Nope.
Sadly, him and his wife cannot have any kids

This rage of his, is destroying him little by little. He is about to loose everything and everyone he loves. And for what? Jealousy? Shame... real shame..

Jerry please do not be offended by that story above. I am posting it because you are my friend and I care about you. You have done great deed with your neighbors and you were the perfect citizen no doubt about that. If no one on earth saw that, rest assured that God saw it...

Be happy that you have... a nice home, a lovely family and a cool set of vintage cars
Problems come and go, try to dodge them cleverly and don't let them affect you deeper than acceptable... You want to compare your situation with mine? Check my facebook album titled "dany" you will see that I have used the picture of a crocodile as a cover. The crocodile has no emotions, he doesn't experience no fear or joy... and nothing affects him. This is how I am dealing with my life over here. I used to be angry and furious but realized it is all affecting my health... so the hell with everyhting.

Have you Googled (Earth) Qatar lately? Do you see anything interesting over there? Maybe... no GREEN whatsoever?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.