View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:13 PM

Re: Front Look Design Update

Thank you for reminding me about the Amadeus. The photo is a scan from a 35mm Ektachrome I shot on the press day of the 1993 Los Angeles show. I'm sorry I don't have any more pictures, but press days are hectic, and we're all herded from one manufacturer's stand to another, with barely enough time between. This year's press days are Dec. 2 and 3, and since 16 years later I have considerably reduced leg power, and the Convention Center has been doubled in size, getting from one conference to another is a real problem for me. And trying to see anything on the public days is like being in a zoo. This year Subaru may have the prototype they showed in Tokyo, if so, I will get a couple of shots, at least. And my current 15 Mpix Canon is actually sharper than the Nikon/Ekcachrome combination I used 16 years ago.

I agree that the front on the Amadeus is less powerful than on the SVX. But the car does emphasize the horizontal look. I suspect the Amadeus was done in-house, without the input from Guiguiaro that makes the SVX so special.

Just a couple of thoughts,
Paul
'93 Mercury (Aussie) Capri