View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: 5 speed conversion wiring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmlambo View Post
whats up guys...first off, this is my first post. Not new to the forum tho.my dads been a a membe for a while. he and i have svx's and i must say the forum has been a lot of help. Great to see svxers teaming up... Anyways......

i have a 92 pearly which im converting to a 5 speed..using a 2004 wrx trans. BIG thanks to Tom for the kit... so worth it....did a great job on the pieces too.

im pretty far along..only been at it for 5 days...few hrs a day...
just got the pedals in yesterday... man that was a pain! Im going to put the trans in today i hope... should move quickly with Toms kit since i have all the components ready to go..
Just a question about wiring??
seems straight forward
1. NSS
2. Reverse
3. VSS
that parts simple, but is that all the wiring?
huck369 says something about disabling Torque Control??
is there ignition lock or anything else im missing?

Thanks in advance for any help. really appreciate what you guys do..
Yea thats about it. wire in the top clutch switch to the starter circuit, the reverse sensor on the trans into the rev. light circuit, and add an inch or two to the speed sesnor wiring, unless you have a stock extension (some 5mt's already had them).

I do not recomend the torque control disable, it caused some sever hesitations in my car when I had done it.

Make sure you unplug the shift lock control module under the center console... might as well remove it, then you don't have to worry about the ignition getting stuck.

Hope this helps, feel free to give me a ring if you run into any trouble

Tom