View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX
well all things considered, i think we shold tak into consideration the CAL(cost of living adjustment) For instance, in some parts of the coutry(san diago is a good example) it will cost you a $800,000 for a one family home, the same house would bring $250,000 here in madison. You will pay higher property tax in a lrger city as well. All these things must be taken into consideration when weighing weather moving to a new place, and recieving that high wage may infact yield a larger propensity of expenses then staying with your current position.
Id agree, i love it in Wisconsin, i think you would love it here too. I have lived in Iowa(twice), illinois, montana, and if you can handle the cold ere the wisconsin and chicagoland areas the best of where i have lived. You can be an hour or two from the city, wtihout the extreme costs of living, low crime rate, but still plenty of oppertunities.
Best of luck Dan, and if you need any help id be willing to go get information if you are able to find out where you need it from(what dept.).
Thanks Phil, of course I will not hesitate to ask you for more info in the future or the good guys/babez ( ) in our forum. I know cost of living differ from a place to another (economics ).

One more thing I noticed, when you said 250K for a home and 800K for another.... well do you all win the lottery over there . Come on man, I am not that rich, can you rephrase those numbers using a "RENTING" criteria

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.