Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Ok here is the website: http://www.usafis.org/_sys/EN/ofc_en...=Ugg_En_122_25

In Lebanon we have three certified American Universities:

AUB: American University of Beirut
NDU: Notre Dame University
LAU: Lebanese American University

I guess those three had their licenses from their bases in USA. Well I learn(ed) your accounting charter (the Lebanese is inverse), and I learn(ed) your way of managing businesses, your economic/finance principles... well everything is purely American! I rarely learned any "Lebanese" law or fact. I dunno but I guess my degree is legit and considered as if I got it from over there , I currently have a GPA of 3.45-3.50 / 4 ...

About the wages and life norms... it is true that USA is not the best place to go work, there is always Qatar/Kuwait/Brazil/Cote d'ivoire.... where anyone can make a lot more than he does in the States... but upon hearing about your Labor rate for the first time, I went !!!

Do you know how much is the minimum wage over here? $225/month !!!!!!!!!!!!
If I am lucky I would touch the $1300/month barrier with all my degrees!!!

One of my everyday chatting friend on this Forum is Pavanbabut. 3 or 4 months ago he was looking desperately for a job, well he eventually found one, I was really happy for him, he is a good fella, he really deserves it. But when I asked him about the salary he was getting over there, i went . It was a number I would dream of in a Gazillion years!!!

So the hell with my country and its depressed economy/politics issues, it's time for me to start looking for a LIFE !
well all things considered, i think we shold tak into consideration the CAL(cost of living adjustment) For instance, in some parts of the coutry(san diago is a good example) it will cost you a $800,000 for a one family home, the same house would bring $250,000 here in madison. You will pay higher property tax in a lrger city as well. All these things must be taken into consideration when weighing weather moving to a new place, and recieving that high wage may infact yield a larger propensity of expenses then staying with your current position.
Id agree, i love it in Wisconsin, i think you would love it here too. I have lived in Iowa(twice), illinois, montana, and if you can handle the cold ere the wisconsin and chicagoland areas the best of where i have lived. You can be an hour or two from the city, wtihout the extreme costs of living, low crime rate, but still plenty of oppertunities.
Best of luck Dan, and if you need any help id be willing to go get information if you are able to find out where you need it from(what dept.).