View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Graphic Artist

Quote:
-> Only the driver's side front speakers work. Rear speakers, nada, and the fade/balance knob won't pull out like the bass-treble knob does, although I think it is stuck in "fader" mode since when I turn it to the left I get no sound, turn it to the middle and extreme right and I get sound out of the driver's side front speakers.
My guess is the front pass is disconnected. You may well be right about the stereo stuck to front fade, though my guess would be this is just a wiring snafu.
Quote:
-> I don't have the keyless entry transmitter, which other Subaru remotes will interchange? or am I better off with an aftermarket one?
Original ones pop up on ebay frequently - I'd stick with stock, though there are generics available that will work (search "svx alarm") on ebay.
Quote:
-> When the engine is first started the engine will rev up and drop rev up and drop a few times and then stabilize.. Sticky IAC?
Possibly, also could be a cracked vacuum hose under the intake plenum. Not a fun job to fix, but not expensive. I usually recommend anyone replace all of their vacuum, fuel, and egr lines under the plenum, it will save you breakdowns and fuel economy later down the line.

Quote:
Can I swap in the heated seats out of a later model, or is that a wiring nightmare?
Not really a wiring nightmare, but you will have to do the wiring, US spec cars stop the wiring at the fusebox. You'll need a few properly rated relays to pass the needed current to the seats while saving the life of any switch you install.

-Patrick

1995 Ebony Pearl. S.N. 0001 "Araby"

JDM Power Mode Switch, Integrated GPS/Video Player
6Xk Miles.

1992 Teal - Sold to Mysvxrocks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]