View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Powerless windows

Hey guys, need a little insight from some people who know more than I do:
My power windows and sunroof no longer work. There seems to be no power at the switches...you can try any switch for any window and none of them do anything. There's no motor sounds, mechanical movement..anything.
In the few days prior to this happening, the window switches seemed to be making poor contact...You'd have to press them a few times for the windows to go down. The same applies to the sunroof. Once they did move though, they worked fine.

It should also be noted, the dumbasses who rebuilt...rather.. attempted to rebuild the car after it's accident prior to my ownership) decided the drivers side of the windshield doesnt need urethane As a result, it leaks during heavy rainfall....water seems to run down the pillar and leak near the kick panel

Now here's where you guys come in. What should I check out? Could this be as simple as a fuse? (if so, what one) Are there any relay behind the dash that could be corroding, making bad contact, and preventing this from working? Any other suggestions?

-Eric
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten