View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Had the day off...

Ripped it apart. As soon as I got the wheel off I could see the problem. The collar covering the Outer CV joint is no longer working properly. There was grease all over the place from the CV joint...

SOoooo... all in all I got nothing done today. Everything and anything was fighting me. My new stablizer bushings came in too, but could only get the bushing off the passenger side. The Drivers side, I can't get the sway arm link off, tried pulling and prying, but its stuck as a bastard. Also tried to get the visor droop fixed and failed. At that point I got so disheartened I packed the tools up and called it a day (20 min ago).

I did order a new CV axle from Sanel Auto Parts Plus. Said it'll be here in a week. They only have one made up, so I'll do the broken one (drivers side), and consider it a learning experience, and then do the passenger side at a later date. I have halted destruction because they only charged me $70 for the axle... I want to see it to make sure it's what I need, for these cars that seems REALLY cheap.

I'll keep updating. The part is due in within a week he said. I do have a Haynes repair manual, so I've been using that.

Oh, and I also forgot to get to open the bushings up... So I wrested with that for a while, FINALLY got it on. Then realized it had to come off. I don't think I've ever been so pissed. Needless to say, there is still no bushing on the car (at least I got it BACK off! That was a real fight). I need to stop after work tomorrow and get a dremel attachment to make those bushings the right size.

PS. Since it only seems that the boot came off, so the joint is loosing grease, do you know of a way I can grease it up and put it back together and have it be happy, and NOT have to replace the axle shaft??? Thanks for all the help thus far guys, this place is a wealth of knowledge.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap