View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Jason,

Don't argue with you know who on myspace. He's an intelligent guy, but loves to argue and will NEVER admit that his position on something might be wrong.

Who's faster? Who cares. I know you didn't mean for this thread to be taken seriously, but obviously someone over on myspace is getting worked up about it.

Svxfiles has just four forward gears and a 4.44 final drive. PhastSVX has a trans that weighs 100lbs lighter and five forward gears with a 4.11 final drive. From the looks of Tom's video, his car gets through the first two gears pretty quickly but his accel will slow down once he hits third. That's why I see his car as a low 14 high 13 sec car at best with an automatic 4.44 trans. Depending on how hard of a launch Phil is willing to do, I can see his car being solidly into the 13's - however, if he babies it off the line, his time will be much slower.

The two cars really shouldn't be compared, but as always the best way to settle everything is to go to the strip. As the chance of them racing at the same strip is slim-to-none, by the end of the Spring/early Summer we can just see who's run the fastest et. Quite frankly, when the dust settles, that title will probably belong to TomsSVX...

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)