View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 09:05 PM

I don't mean to threadjack but hawker is the best.

Odyssey combines in one box the characteristics of two batteries. It can deep cycle as well as provide serious cranking power. These batteries are capable of providing engine cranking pulses of 1700a for 5 sec as well as 400 charge/discharge cycles to 100% depth of discharge (DOD). A typical battery can do one or the other, but not both. With other batteries such as Optima, you must decide between a deep cycle or a high power starting battery, but Odyssey does both.

The cranking power of a Odyssey battery is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even at low temperatures.
Also with simple constant voltage charging, there is no limitation on the inrush current. This means you can charge your battery with as many amps as your charger, alternator, stator, or generator can put out as long as it doesn't exceed 15 volts. Lead acid, gel cell, and other AGM batteries can only accept 10amps per hour during charge.

Which Odyssey battery do you need? You have three basic things to consider:
1. The amount of power and reserve needed.
2. The amount of space available.
3. The method of securing the battery.
PC680MJT
Small 680 cranking amp battery with metal jacket and SAE automotive terminals.
Also available without the metal jacket for low temperature applications.
Battery measures 3.11" wide x 7.27" long x 6.67" tall with the metal jacket and weighs 15.4 pounds.

Excellent starting battery where high reserve capacity is not required.
Great lightweight racing battery for shedding extra pounds.
Can be mounted upright or flat.

PC925MJT and PC925LMJT
Medium duty 925 cranking amp battery with metal jacket and SAE automotive terminals. A step up from the 680 that provides higher cranking power and a larger reserve capacity.
Battery measures 7.05" wide x 6.64" long x 6.08" tall and weighs 26 pounds.

Can be easily mounted on it's edge to accommodate side post applications.
Side mount will accommodate BCI group 21, 26, 50, 58, 64 and others
Mounted on it's edge will fit the OEM Honda Civic tray.
The PC925LMJT has the positive terminal on the left.

I found prices for $109 on the net. I stand by my claim for hawker as they offer mil spec batteries. Even boosthead recommends them.