View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

just upgraded my interior

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share some pics of my "new" upgraded interior. I have a 1995 L model that had cloth seats. Since the first day I got the car a couple of years ago, I always wanted to get the leather/suede (well, fake leather and fake suede) combo seats. Finally did it. I love them. The rear seat and passenger seat are in great condition (practically new). The driver's side has some wear, but considering it came off of a car with 91k on the dial, it looks good.

Pics can be found in my locker:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?nordique14

The new seats go well with the leather steering wheel/gear shift/parking brake upgrade I did when I got the car. I just didn't like the old rubber versions at all.

I took lots of pics of the cover switching process. I thought it would be a complicated procedure, but it was actually pretty easy. No special tools are necessary. But it was time consuming (about 4 hours per seat). I'm going to write up a how-to for the new How-to Documents section. Hopefully have it ready in a couple of days.

I still have the old cloth covers. Don't need 'em. Don't want 'em. If you want them, let me know. Take one, take all(including the headrest covers). Just cover the shipping and they are yours. Check out the pics under the "old interior" folder in my locker. If you are interested send me a PM.

Special thanks go out to MacGyver (aka Troy) who lived up to his name and gave me a couple of great ideas that saved me tons of frustration. Also, thanks to Dayle at Motorsport-SVX for quickly taking care of a problem with the rear seat cover. If you want new seat covers, give Dayle a call, I'm sure he'd be happy to hook you up.

I'm so happy with the way it turned out. My butt now rides in style.

Cheers,
Matt