Thread: Tranny question
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 08:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by elninoalex
There is a circlip that holds that shaft in place with the tranny. There is a trick to getting it aligned. Chris and I were fiddling with it when he bought my tranny. Drop him(CDG) a pm. I'm sure he knows more about it than me and it is probably still fresh in his mind.

Stephen
Thanks, Stephen. I'm pretty sure we got that right. Unless the TC is seated right, the tranny won't even bolt to the engine correctly anyway. I followed everybody's directions in that regard - 'turn it until it setes into place, then keep turning it and it'll settle some more.' That's exactly what happened when we got the input shaft in all the way.

Actually, I do have a question about the TC. Everybody talks about how hard it was to align the TC with the circlip, but we really didn't have a problem. The sleeve that the TC clips to slides out of the tranny with little effort.

Was it bad to remove that sleeve? I mean, we didn't hear any needle bearings fall into the tranny case or anything.

Anyway, my biggest fear is that, by having the input shaft slide out and reseating it myself, something's amiss and it'll shred itself immediately.

Am I paranoid? If it all fit together with no binding, is it all okay?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE