View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII
Last Saturday (7/15/06) Rosie and I stopped in at Matt Slap Subaru in Newark, DE; on the way home from her friend's jewelry store (It's wedding anniversary time, so there goes my Ferrari...but that's a story for another time).
MAtt Slap Subaru was running a promotion and had cars from ICY Racing in their lot. ICY Racing is based in Phoenixville, PA; and runs Subies in SCCA competition. I was driving SUBYDOO ('97 SVX) and parked it by ICY's WRX. Dave Rosenblum, one of ICY's driver's came over and chatted. He loved our SVX and said it was 'really mint'. I told him about the SVX World Network and how SVX enthusiasts wanted SUbaru to come out with another sporty coupe like the recent Pro-Drive show car. He said, "Wait until 2009-2010, and that's all I'll say(direct quote)." I hope he actually knows something and was not just placating me.
If someone here, actually knows anything about this, please post it.
Earl and I need time to get our money lined up so we can be the first kids on the block to get one.

PS: Ben (who own's the jewelry store) has a brand new Outback XT wagon...5 speed. He loves it, but hates Matt Slap Subaru service. They've already screwed things up for him. I told him to go to Rafferty. He also has an old RX-7. He likes the handling of the OB alot. I told him to wait until it snows hard.
I've heard something similar at a local subaru dealership here. He told me that there had been some talk of a coupe coming soon. He tossed the letters SVX at me too. I'll just sit back and wait and see though.

(oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please,oh please)