View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 12:45 PM

Talking Re: Electrical Issue Pleeez Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369 View Post
the No start / dash light issue Sounds like a charging issue, which could be a bad alternator, or a bad crank Pulley (The crank pulley has an inner and outer ring, with a rubber strip between then that goes bad over time, and lets the outer ring start slipping, therefore not turning your accessory belts)

The Seat Belt/Window issue is probably bad wiring, most likely were it goes into the door, as it has to bend there when the door is opened and over time can cause wires to break and short out.

Hope this helps
!st I thank you all for responding I greatly appreciate the support!

2nd I failed to mention That the Interstate guy has checked my battery twice in the last 16 months & is well within the parameters of a good battery. He did an overload test and the alternator did not ramp up to meet the demand, he recommended that I get a new alternator So I did replace it July of 2012, August of 2012 I discovered the new alternator was motoring, thank goodness for lifetime warranties through O'Reily! I got a new one and that fixed the issues I was having at that time.

I was reading through some other threads and discovered that a common issue when replacing alternators it tightening the cap down too far damaging the inner workings, I mentioned it to my son last night who had installed it, he said he was concerned with that at the time and was careful about it. yet I will have him remove it to get a bench test once again to double check.

I will have my father come over to look at the pulley and door wires & do a voltage test. my gut feeling says there is a ground issue, the only thing we have really messed with is the alternator.

Does anyone know where ground 'E' is?

Also I noticed Ensteele, Earl is fairly close to me. I sent him a message through yahoo, with no response. If anyone knows how to get a hold of him another way, I would greatly appreciate the effort on my behalf. I do have the ability to compensate him for being a Hands on helper.