View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 AM
5spd + coilovers = win :D

Registered SVX
Re: LH Valve Cover, how to remove from engine bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingkiwi View Post
Right, so I too had to lift the engine up to get the LHS cover off - unfortunately I also cracked the seal on the A/C pipe on the compressor so that's going to have to be redone, and yes all the gas is now gone...

But more importantly, the bloody engine mounts cracked right through the middle when I lifted the engine up. I removed the two(?) bolts that attach the engine mount to the engine, but still the bugger lifted up with the engine and cracked. Did I miss a bolt?

So I guess I now have to replace the engine mounts, I'd like to go original if possible, I don't like the idea of cutting/drilling to put new mounts in.

Thoughts?

Matt
There should only be two bolts: one for each lower motor mount.
As for replacing them, I'd use either STI group N mounts or Impreza mounts, both of which you can fit onto the mount bracket by ovaling the bolt holes a little bit.
Mods: Power Slot front rotors, polyurethane sway bar bushings, window scratcher fix, SPD hood struts, Outlaw Engineering phenolic spacers, Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar, R-134a conversion, 93 Legacy SS 5 speed swap, Ceika coilovers, ARP head studs

2001 Black Toyota Sequoia (hauler/daily)
1992 Blue Toyota Cressida (drift car)
1992 Red Toyota MR2 (weekend/track day car)