View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 07:23 PM
The Molinator

Re: AT Shift Adjustment .. . HELP!?

Thanks for the encouragement.. I certainly dont understand all of the safety systems, including pushing the brake (I dont know where or how it works, although I know you hafta push the brake to be able to get outta PARK [AND, gotta have key ON]).. BUT, I DO know that at certain mechanical cable shift adjustment positions (that I tried before).. THE BRAKE WONT ALLOW THE SHIFTER OUTTA PARK! In other words, all shift positions would "work", but the above would happen! I guess the inability to come outta PARK in that situation was predicated on a different Shift Knob position!?

I'm gonna see if my idea is possible ..(will I ruin the Inh Sw [will it open the body to the inside of the switch]?, can I turn it far enough without the body of the Inh Sw hitting something to block the excessive movement?, will the different axes of rotation between the shift lever and the Inh Sw not allow for all contact positions to connect in this distorted position?, Etc.).. . ???

Thanks..
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!