View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
possibly time for an engine rebuild

As some of you know I have had my car a very short amount of time, aprx. 1 month now. I know that the front seal is leaking oil, you can see it, besides that the engine doesnt seem to be leaking too much, it doesnt loose a whole lot of oil, but it looses about 1/3 of a quart in 2 weeks. I have done 2 oil changes with high milage oil since I have had the car (it has 150k miles) and I have noticed that when parked in the drive way after the car has been out for a run (10-15 miles on the highway aprx 55-65mph), if you rev the engine up it smokes horribly out the tail pipe. The other day I noticed when getting onto a highway smoke was flying out the tail pipe when getting up to 55mph.... so I know something is terribly wrong. The last owner did not know if the timing belt had been replaced or when, so I am considering rebuilding the engine or getting rid of the car. This car has a lot of other problems also. If I rebuild, then I will make this my winter project car and take the car completely apart and redo everything. Has anyone had experiance rebuilding these engines? Anything I should know/do while the engine is out? What would be the most likely reason for the car to be smoking like this? Any help/info is greatly appreciated.