View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Nobody here ever assured anybody that we would do anything other than what we had determined was in this site's best interest.
Above is a great example of how to use 22 words and one very long sentence to say absolutely nothing. That's pretty impressive.

Quote:
Despite being created to serve the SVX community, this site is not a democracy. The rules are enforced according to the moderators' and admins' interpertation of them.
That's a real shame. This used to be a completely open and accepting forum full of mature people who could accept other peoples ways (whether that be a different religion or a person who thought street racing was just fine) but now it has turned into yet another snobby "subaru is too good for that" playground. I used to really be impressed that most of the subaru owners here were not like the ones I encountered in the ouside world (ones who discarded everything non-subaru as worthless), but now this place has fallen to that same level.

Quote:
This 'job' is by no means fun or easy. You can't please everybody all of the time.
Then why are you trying? Or is it that you are just making things the way you want them? It's funny that every time one of these issues comes up, it is you, and none of the other moderators that defends it. I never hear anything from ANY other moderators defending this policy. Just you. Kinda weird isn't it?

Quote:
A vocal minority, I'd argue.
I have to speak up and mention the non-vocal minority too. Those that protest these policies by not posting here anymore. Some long-time established members have moved on because of this. So there are alot more than you want people to think. Most importantly, these are the guys that helped build this site to what it was just a short time ago.