View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 03:41 PM

Thanks to the wonderful folks on this forum (and specifically to Mr Pockets, Ken?, recent post), I tried this method of dealing with a light throttle flare on 2-3 and got great results so far. I would like to add a point or two:

On the SVX you may want to look at the Subaru web page reference to band adjustment... http://www.endwrench.com/pdf/drivetr...ustInfoW98.pdf

Of interest is they state three turns to back off from a properly torqued adjuster. ALthough I don't have the FSM, I seem to remember folks saying it was 2 turns.

They also recommend doing it from on top, although they want the tranny lowered as much as possible, i.e., exhaust off and mount lowered/removed (I forget).

I did mine without removing anything (no wires disconnected, no starter removal), just a trouble light, along with the 17mm and 7mm wrenches mentioned in the first post. Was a pain to get the 7mm wrench on the adjuster, can't see it when my hand is in there, just did it by feel. Didn't time myself, but 15 or 20 minutes seems right from hood up to hood down.