View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 04:25 PM

Registered SVX
Joe,

You have suggested that the US and JDM utilises basically the same TCU. Whereas the JDM and the US are the same. Your reasoning being based on different locations for the speed sensors involved.

I had great difficulty putting to rights. incorrect information published by Harvey regarding the operation of solenoid valve “C” and the US clutch arrangement. In the process of this rather torrid exercise, it was established that the US system utilises a normally closed “C” to operate the centre clutch, whereas the JDM and Euro systems use a normally open solenoid.

As a result of this arrangement, the same TCU could be used for both systems. This would appear logical and confirmed by the different solenoid configurations, as is used to operate clutch, or alternatively centre differential as are involved.

On the basis of this, it would seem illogical to propose that there is a difference between the JDM and Euro systems, when the only requirement is the provision of a manual switch, for power mode in the JDM system. This surely would not involve extensive circuit or software changes.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!