View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 08:54 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: medals

Quote:
Originally posted by MartyMcFly
hello mr. pockets!

well, I have done all the licenses, but it was hard work.
I think it's a good idea to do the licenses, cause if you finished 'em
you are prepared to play GT3.
I have to say, I just play it with the analog stick using automatic transmission.
A friend who plays the game with the formula force feedback steering wheel, manual transmission has quiet better times than me.
I bought the wheel too, but I still have no place to fix the steering wheel perfectly comfortable, neither the seat.

Is there a big difference between manual and automatic shifting?
Sometimes I watched the demo (gold medal run?), well and it helped a lot.
I was tempted to buy the official Logitech GT3 wheel and pedals, but I finally had a chance to try one and I didn't like it.

I gave it a few tries to really get the feel of it, but I determined that I simply can't react as quickly with all four of my limbs as I can with my fingers and thumbs. Steering requires both arms with the wheel, but only my left thumb with the regular controller.

I use the left analog stick to steer, the right for gas and brake and the L2/R2 for shifting.

It took me a long time to try manual shifting in any racing game, but once I got the hang of it in GT3, it became second nature. My only gripe is that, when playing 2-player split screen, neither player gets a tach, so auto-shifting is really the only answer. In the single-player game, it's tough to say whether manual shifting is faster than auto. I think manual may be slightly faster, because you can make better gear choices. Also, the auto doesn't raise the shift points if you balance the engine.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE