View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Re: Subaru BRZ Coupe Announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSVXintheChi View Post
You know if it is affordabble and quick id buy it even though its not awd...i like the crz though too so if it isnt any better or cheaper than it...i would just go with the crz even though im not a big fan of Honda...does anyone know is it gonna have 4 seats or did I just miss that part lol

Cus if it has 4 seats I would buy it over the crz

Or even the fiesta! When they come out with SVT version
Yup, it's quoted as being a "2+2", which means four seats.

Personally I think this kind of car is exactly what the auto industry needs. There's a significant dearth of fun, affordable and good looking cars... and while we don't yet know the details of what the Subaru is going to look like we can make a pretty educated guess from the other cars built on the same platform.

While I am excited to get my 135i because it is two of those three in my opinion, it isn't affordable. At least to many. It's a small, cute and incredibly fun car to drive but like most cars that fit that profile these days it's ridiculously expensive. My car MSRP's for $49,000 or thereabouts... though I'm personally not paying close to that.

Honestly, I applaud what they're claiming to try to do. My only fear is that it's going to end up being either underpowered for its weight (a common problem with Subarus), or stupidly expensive compared to similar cars in its class.

Still, I have high hopes; rear wheel drive is perfectly usable in most instances with a good set of snow tires... and you can pick up a set of snow tires already mounted on the rims for less than a grand. As for switching the wheels... when I had my BMW 330i I could switch my winter wheels on in less than an hour with just a floor jack and a tire tool. If I used my air tools I could do it even quicker.

My Rides:
Red 1996 SVX LSi (Saffron)
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (Kaitlin)

Previously owned; green '95 L AWD (sold), black/pearlie '94 LSi (too many problems), Polo Green '96 SVX LSi (apparently notThe end of an era)

Member #2 in the Yahoo! club, been here since the beta-testing days. In dire need of a cheaper hobby.