View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 04:33 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannmarr
I took Beav's advise and started to test for voltage drops. I disconnected my 'band aid' mode and re-attached everything back to normal. I turned the ignition and nothing, not even when I shifted into Neutral. This is great! Now I can do my probing. This is what I read: using a volt meter, one lead on the negative post of the battery and the other on the starter solenoid blade. Turning the ignition key I got 6 volts. Then I placed the lead on the wire, turning the ignition key I got 12 volts! I concluded the connector was bad because I got 12 volts on the wire entering the connector but only 6 volts coming out of the connector to the solenoid blade. Before I could do anymore testing to confirm what I found, the car would start up every time. Sorry, I'll keep trying tomorrow.
Does this not show that you moved the connector and restored proper contact, or is the connector not crimped properly onto the wire?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!