View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 11:49 AM
ALCYTWO

Re: Yikes!!

Thanks Mitch. Yikes is right, I have to agree! I hope I don't step on anyone's toes with this comment, but I'm NOT a neon type of guy, let me tell you. I'm an old fart, and got so mad at all the goofy inaccuracies in the "Fast and Furious" movie that smoke came out of my ears. :-) I'm the first guy to giggle at slammed 4 door Civics with their one "performance" option being the coffee-can exhaust COVER they have mounted over the stock muffler.

The reason my othewise tasteful and restrained SVX has neon is that the original owner bought the vehicle new at a car show and didn't realize that the neon he saw glowing all around the car on the display stand was actually mounted to the car! When whe went to pick it up at the dealership he found out about it, and thought "What the hell, I'll just ignore it" and never turned it on. He was 58 years old when he bought the car, and I'd imagine that undercar neon was pretty unusual in '92.

After I bought the car from him last week, he told me what the tiny little switch on the lower left of the dash was for. I laughed pretty hard! I've since found out that it's a *great* tool to hassle my old-timer buddies and embarass the crap out of them by turning it on with them in the car. I'd have never installed neon myself, but it's turned out to be great fun, especially with a 43 year old bald guy with NO sense of shame at the wheel. :-)

Craig

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi
Neon and SVX in the same picture....

But I think that's a great picture!