View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered fabricator

Re: Individual Throttle Bodies and Improved Airflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomatt View Post
Hi Bill...my recollection of Jack's first pass was he just had headers and a standalone...remember back when we first heard about it? I thought in that spec the cams etc were all stock? Where's Bob when you need him!!I think you're right about the cams Tony too...it's showing about 160hp at the wheels.

Blech.

M
I'm alive!

Jack's car made 210hp/212 torque with an all-standard engine except for:

*Autronic ECU
*Autronic CDI ignition
*1.75" headers (32" long) into 2.25" secondary tubes into one 3" main exhaust tube.
*cold air box @ Impreza hood scoop (fwiw, this was worth 38 hp on the final spec engine!)

The transmission used was a 5-speed 2.5 RS gearbox, the final drive was 4.11. Tires back then were 225/50-16 Falken RT-615's.
This was on a Dynapack chassis dyno, as was the 'middle-spec' hp number of 292 hp.

The final spec (3.5 litre high compression) was dynoed on a Mustang chassis dyno. Even though that has been highly touted as 318 whp, it actually made 352 whp in it's final specification. The reason for not disclosing the true number is due to the NASA rules...the power-to-weight ratio had been surpassed, putting the car into the next race group.

EG33 Impreza tweaks

Last edited by RallyBob; 11-09-2011 at 07:32 PM.