View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Hater

Re: back to the drawing board

Quote:
Originally posted by subafan
ok back to the drawing board...
after being pushed for like an hour on buying an equalizer, i began to rethink my proposed set up to see if there's anything wrong... and i come up with some questions after trying to understand the installation manuals of the tings i bought

so, i only want to have one 'head unit' which would be the boss dvd 6000... problem: this thing has one set of rca output and a coxial cord that can be connected to the amp?

from there, the video out would go to the lcd monitor, and i'm sure i can get enough advice from lwin on how to set that up...

back to the audio, so i'm wondering if i can just use the rca from the dvd player to plug into my 5 ch. amp (leaving three ch. of rca input empty?) and still somehow power the four main speakers in the car? [is this making any sense at all?]
the amp has crossovers on it, which means i would be able to put it in the levels i want and just leave it there? adjusting the volume from the remote control on the dvd player? the sub level will be controlled by the wired bazooka remote?

the proposed sub is a self-amplified bazooka tube, which should hook up to the back speakers according to the installation manual?

i realize this post has lots of ?s, but that's because i've never set up an car stereo system before... does any of this sound plausible??

please help
can't help much with the car video, but if possible, run an RCA cable from an output on your head unit ("sub out", if yours has it) to the Bazooka sub. using preamp outputs will sound MUCH better than sending a speaker level signal to it.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)