View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
Ok, thanks to everyone who has replied so far and for your interest. Just bear in mind that this is in it's absolute infancy stage as of yet. So, I'm still not sure what diameter it would be, what's included, price or ANY of that.

They have also requested if someone is able to come to their shop in Vista, California, they could get a look at an SVX firsthand, take all their measurements, and do whatever testing is needed. From that they can gather what needs to be/can be improved, what diameter, etc... Bear in mind though that the more people we can get on something like this, the more the cost is going to come down!

IF SOMEONE IS IN THE VISTA CALIFORNIA AREA WHOSE CAR IS AVAILABLE FOR TESTING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Also, this bar helps improve handling by keeping the rear spring travel equal on both sides. What that means is less leaning in the curves, and a more manageable body roll. In my FWD probe, it made it feel VERY balanced, and got rid of a lot of the pushing in curves normally associated with FWD. I imagine with the SVX it would do nearly the same thing.

On a boat of a car like this, I think just about anything would help. It's deceptively nimble for its size, but in my opinion this would definitely make the handling crisper and more neutral feeling, even on an otherwise stock suspension. Results would be even more impressive on an aftermarket suspension setup.

Thanks again to everyone who has shown interest, and I promise I will keep you up to speed on everything as much as possible. I've never put together anything like this, so please give me a bit of lee-way, but I want this product too, so I'm going to try to do everything I can to make it happen!

If there are any questions, do not hesitate to ask either here, PM's, or my email, which is nevinbontrager@gmail.com.
You'd better ask Pavan or Paul for that matter... They are both located in Ca.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.