View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
Well this week I started my "transfer leave" by flying out to PA to drive the newest 4.44 on the network to its owner.

Yellowbird (My mom/sponsor ), bought the car a couple months ago with a bum tranny. Rather than have her waste her money on another stock 4EAT I talked her into a 4.44 swap. She had a local mechanic do it, took him 8 weeks and 3200 to do it. But this was before Tom had his shop or I would've sent the work his way. Now its done and I fly out to PA to visit with a couple friends, watch Tom's stage 3 Dyno, get lost in Amish country, and drive the newest SVX in my moms collection down to MS.

So far we've made it about 600 out of 1100 miles. The gearing is awesome for the highway! The car rides smoothly, well as smooth as it could with a ****ed up rim. The MPG is awesome compared to my 6MT...

Just wanted to share my story with you guys. I won't be able to put up any pics seeing as how I left my camera at the dyno and Tom now has it.
Congrats man! My Mom just got her 4.44 running too. You should have came to me for the install, I could have done it in 2 or 3 days and it would have cost under a 1/3 of that for PARTS AND LABOR! That dude ripped you off bad.