View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 07:53 AM

Quote:
... The last action of the exhaust was 4. To then push this gas back into the cylinder as the exhaust port closed.
And here is where mr Kaaden (German I think) comes in

He invented the "tuned pipe" system for 2-strokers, wich means that you have a forth-and-back-going pulse in the chamber (from the piston/header section and back to the baffle section) wich really DRAWS the mixture through the transfer ports and up to the cylinder head and finally out of the exhaust port, and THEN when the piston almost closes the exhaust port, the pulse bounces to the baffle and "back" compress the mixture being drawn out of the port, back into the cylinder again...and thus making it contain more mixture that its volume could contain with athmospheric pressure alone

PS. Has anyone heard about the German "Ladepumpe" system ?
That was an amazing thing back in the 40-50's (I'm not sure), the thing was that they added an "extra" cylinder and piston, smaller then the "real" one.
This extra cylinder had no ports at all! , it just amplified the crankcase under/over pressure, to suck in more mixture that it normally could, and then push the mixture up into the combustion chamber! , acting like a form of supercharger , if I remember correctly, it was DKW motorcycles that used that system.

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***