Thread: Code 25??
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
Hi all...
My power light was blinking so I checked the codes. It seems to be #25 Engine torque control signal. Stupid question now-What does this mean?
She's going in on Thursday to the transmission guys. Am I okay til then?
Thanks in advance.
Cyn

Done some searching, found abit of info, but no one says "Don't Drive It!"??
This is rather a confusing title to a code which involves an arrangement whereby engine torque is reduced, when drive to the wheels is absent during gear changes, so as to ensure smooth operation.

A control signal is produced by the TCU and transmitted to the ECU whereby as I understand it the engine ignition is partly interrupted for the required interval. Externally all that is involved is a wire within the loom system and the associated plug/socket connections.

Deduced from my manuals:-

With the ignition on (engine not running) there should be 4.5 - 5 volts on pin B59 20 at the ECU

With the plug disconnected from the TCU, there should be there should be 4.5 - 5 volts at pin B68 16 .

The interconnecting wire is coloured black with a yellow stripe.

I would doubt that the average transmission shop would be the correct place to approach with the problem, as the first phase of diagnosis will involve electrical measurements.

There would appear to be no reason why you should not drive the car meantime.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!