View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaybrad View Post
ok... if we really are going to play out this pipe dream. Here are some more elaborate details and flaws in your rich guys plans...

1) There is no 6th avenue. After 5th avenue is avenue of the americas (technically 6th avenue.

2) The area of "6th ave to 7th between 57 and 58th street is central park south. It is 1 block off of the park and is home to the weathiest part of manhattan (bar none). These people do not live in single family homes. They live in BUILDINGS! Most of which routinely can exceed 30-40 stories already. Those streets include such landmarks as Carnegie Hall, Trump Parc, Essex Hotel, fao schwartz, etc.

3) I am sure the other billionaires that live in this area wont mind their views obstructed by a building double the size of theirs in front of them. The park is not that important to life on Central Park South.

4) Take a close look at the footprint of the former wtc site. Take a look at the fact that at least 1/2 blk is what it takes (minimum) to erect a 90 story building. Is he going to call it stringbean towers or someting>?

5) The value of this sqaure block would probably exceed 20 billion dollars with the Real Estate on it now. Even if he could buy it, he will have to remove all the tall buildings now. Unless he is a terroist, taking down all these buildings might somewhat disrupt most of uptown. Then the cost of building his building (at least a couple of billion) which is the least expensive part of the equation. Even Bill Gates or Warren Buffet as a team would get goose pimples from this.

I think your friend is quite dillusional and perhaps a bit naive. I think your friend has MUCH less money than you think if he is even pondering this.

Enclosed are 2 pictures of the ares you are talking about....TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT IT. If you stilll want to continue this thread...go ahead but dont expect anymore replies from me.
This is the end of the debate. Way to put the final nail in the coffin, brad. The whole idea is as ridiculous as those emails you get telling you about some billionaire who needs to move some money and needs your account info to do it

Again, I bet my silver car, my red car, and $20,000 that this does not happen.

Disclaimer: State of Massachusetts does not allow gambling so the aforementioned bet is not a legally binding wager.

Unless I win
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5